Chemo 5 Delayed

This week we really found out what the doctors meant when they say "you have to be flexible." Up until now, Max has been right on time with all of his cancer protocol. We've been really lucky.

Monday, he was scheduled for admission to the hospital to start his 5th chemo. Blood was drawn and sent to the lab only to find that his white cell count was too low to start chemo! So we tried again on Wednesday. The blood results came back the same. Ugh! (White cells fight infection and drop dramatically following chemo, so they have to be at a certain level before Max can start treatment.)

Max is now scheduled to try again on Feb 2. Wish him luck!


Post a Comment