- There was an all school assembly to celebrate the caring attitude demonstrated by all the students at Solana Highlands - not just for this incredible fundraiser but for the caring they showed each other all month long.
- Most of the kids and parents were wearing orange, as well as their Live Life to the Max! bands.
- A mom-friend of mine brought a bag full of orange hairspray to decorate the kids with.
- People from 20 other states in these United States of America ordered bracelets through this fundraiser.
- Bracelets were also sent to about 10 countries far and wide including Iraq, Sweden and Asia.
Mrs. Sturt, still flush from the amazing outpouring of love from our community, surrounding schools and world in general, revealed her next fundraiser for Magic Water (as modeled by Hannah):
Magic Coins for Magic Water: a little change can do magic!
Magic Coins is a way for kids to keep on giving - even if just a little bit. Every classroom in our school will have a jar with the Magic Coins logo on it and they drop coins into it whenever they can. I think any school could do this fundraiser - don't you?
If you are interested in ordering a Live Life to the Max! band, please send a donation of $5 per band (or more!) along with a double-stampled SASE to: Mrs. Lisa Sturt c/o Solana Highlands Elementary School, 3520 Long Run Drive, San Diego, CA 92130
Thank you everyone. Today was a teary day, but for good reasons!
Ms. Weitz * Mrs. Sturt * Ms. Mulvaney -- sporting their Wear Your Care!